No products in the cart.
KidsPlay Foundation provides free counselling support.
Mental health is a fundamental part of one’s upbringing and can have a profound effect on a child’s future and the decisions they make. We believe it is essential to educate the youth to learn a healthy way to express their emotions. Along with many other programs we organize to give youth developmental opportunities and help them avoid a lifestyle of drugs and crime, our counseling team has been working with a number of individuals to provide a safe place where they can feel comfortable to express thoughts, give back to their community and enrich themselves.
Our counselors are highly qualified and well experienced. Taking initiative on learning the individual’s thoughts, emotions and behaviors to understand them as a whole and the reasoning behind their actions. Working one-on-one with the youth and helping people of all ages with anxiety and depression: addressing grief and loss, as well as any other challenges.
Our team focuses on learning needs on an individual basis and creates effective strategies to move toward their objectives. Our focus is on enhancing competence at all levels.
Our goal is to help those who seek help, understand their past and how their childhood may have affected their present. In doing so, we can help them focus on their future by engaging them in positive outlets to move forward.
Engaging in exercise and eating clean is the first step in creating a positive lifestyle. Exercise is a form of self care which can help battle symptoms of mental health. It can help reduce stress levels, negative thoughts and feelings and can also improve one’s body image and self esteem. This can be a great start for someone who feels low and lacks the motivation to move around and work on themselves. This can further result in increased self satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment for taking care of oneself.
Our team specializes in helping individuals learn forms of self care, grounding exercises, and helping them grow as individuals. Every life matters.
We provide many counseling services. These services are provided on a one-on-one basis, and group sessions. We run these sessions three times a week.
- Career planning and career transition
- Confidential consultation and assessment
- Counseling with licensed therapists
- Coaching by experienced executives
Through our consultation, coaching, mentoring and counseling services, we foster the insight our clients need to make wise decisions and to turn challenging situations into development opportunities.
Art Therapy Program
The Art Therapy Program runs every Saturday from 10AM to 1PM at the KidsPlay Surrey office. The program is designed to encourage the development of healthy coping strategies. Therapy can facilitate insight, empathy, and acceptance of others’ life challenges. It is capable of promoting problem-solving skills. Art therapy is capable of exploring, managing, and providing insight into traumatic experiences.
“There is a strong psychological connection between art (and all things beautiful) and the human experience.”
This is why so many use art therapy as a way to enhance self-expression, coping skills, stress management, and a strengthened sense of self.
Mental Health Seminars
These seminars are held every six weeks to explore the following topics.
- How to talk about mental health issues openly.
- How to educate yourself and others on the warning signs and symptoms of mental illnesses.
- Importance of participating or volunteering in awareness events.
- How to get immediate, free and confidential mental health and substance use help at KidsPlay Foundation.
- How to create a positive home life for yourself and others.
Project HUGS (Helping U Get Support)
Through the Project HUGS program, we promote and create partnerships within communities to:
- Strengthen community capacity
- Increase support for vulnerable pregnant women and new parents
Ensure culturally sensitive prenatal support for:
- Indigenous women
- Recent immigrants
- Teenage pregnancy
Project HUGS promotes the healthy development of young children from birth to age 6, who face challenges that put their health at risk.
Some of these challenges include:
- Teen pregnancy
- Substance use
- Family violence
We serve vulnerable children and parents/caregivers.
KidsPlay Foundation adapts activities to meet the needs of the people we serve. Some programs include:
- Nutrition counselling
- Prenatal vitamins
- Nutritional hamper program
- Food preparation training
- Counselling in prenatal health and lifestyle
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Education and support on infant care and child development
- Referrals to other agencies and services
Improve healthy child development by:
- Improving parenting skills and parent-child relationships
- Decreasing social isolation
- Increasing child self-esteem
- Providing child-focused activities, such as afterschool programs and play groups
Promote and create partnerships within communities to:
- Actively involve the people we serve in the planning, managing, developing, delivering, and evaluation of their programs
- Strengthen community capacity
- Support vulnerable children and their families
- Nutritional support and collective kitchens
- Family resource centers
- Parenting classes and drop-in groups
- Child health and development activities
- Specialized programs, such as support for parents dealing with substance abuse